© William Curtis Rolf
Built around 1665 by Henri II of Sennectère, the stables at La Ferte-Saint-Aubin flank the château's forecourt. This vast area of about seven by fifteen metres was originally covered by five cross vaults which collapsed in the first half of the 18th century. One can still see the corbels in the floor that replaced them. Transformed into a garage at the beginning of the last century, this building recovered its original function in 1990 with the installation of stalls and boxes from the former stables at the Château of Dampierre. The two large axial doors facing one another provide easy access from the forecourt to the rear courtyard giving way to four carriage houses.