© William Curtis Rolf
The stables at the Château de Montgeoffroy were built starting in 1771 by the Maréchal de Contades. Located since the at the end of the 19th century on the ground floor of a tower adjacent to the stables, the tack room at the Château de Montgeoffroy has retained excellent amenities. Covering a diameter of more than seven metres, the room is fully covered in parquet flooring and covered by Norwegian pine panelling which protects the leather from moisture. The wood panels draw a radiant pattern on the ceiling based on the lead-glazed stove duct which also helps to maintain favourable humidity conditions for proper preservation of quality saddles and harnesses.